When creating a website, you should prioritise the objective of attracting visitors and make them stay longer on your website. It is important that we can get their attention and hook them up in accessing and browsing our site. Our custom website design services do just that.
In our present world of digital media, everyone is obsessed with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc. where Visual Content, Info Graphics and Photography plays a main role in sustaining visitors to your website. This is how online marketing is changing and how images and visuals are taking over. Here are some reasons why we should give importance to Visual Content on your website;
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual. Visuals are processed 60,000 x faster in the brain than text. This means any information you want to communicate is better communicated in the form of an image. It also means that, for an internet user skimming the web (or your website) you’ll be able to communicate more value, quicker.
- Videos on landing pages increase average page conversion rates by 86%. It’s also worth noting that many A/B Tests have found similar conversion rate increases from simple images.
- Visual content is social-media-ready and social-media-friendly. It’s easily shareable and easily palatable. Social engagement is already (thanks to the Hummingbird update to Google’s algorithm) becoming more important for your business’ SEO. Images on social media get more engagement than links or text. Images on your website have a higher chance of being shared than anything else. Visual content is just smart business.
- Businesses who market with info graphics grow in traffic with an average of 12% more than those who don’t use info graphics. Info graphics are a visually appealing way to communicate information quickly and easily to your audience. Businesses with a graphic designer working in their marketing department can create a short info graphic quickly and easily. Info graphics are not only awesome for brand awareness and social-media sharing, they’re also referenced more frequently than any other pieces of content – increasing their reach exponentially.
- Posts with visuals receive 94% more page visits and engagement than those without. People are naturally more attracted to images than they are links or text. Facebook posts with an image receive, on average, more than twice as many comments as those without. Photo albums on Facebook receive 180% more engagement than a normal post.
- 60% of consumers are more likely to click on a business whose images appear in search results. Basically this means you need to find a way to show your products with an image. For SaaS (Software as a Service) or B2B (Business to Business) companies, this may be an icon or your logo. Try alt tagging these images with your product name, so it would be easier for search engines to rank your image above your competitors.
- 67% of consumers consider clear, detailed images to carry more weight than product information or customer ratings. Surprised by that statistic? It’s not the only one we’ve got. In from an article in The Psychology Behind a Successful Facebook Ad Part 2: A Harvard student worked with a South African bank, sending 50,000 letters offering short term loans. They varied the interest rate as well as included psychologically-influential cues. It turned out that having a wholesome, happy female picture in a corner of the letter had as much positive impact on the response rate as dropping the interest rate by four percentage points.
- Visuals show your products without telling people about them. This allows viewers to make their own decisions without feeling pressure from your business. One of the chief complaints by online users is the constant badgering they receive from brands. Advertisements dog their mobile apps, social networks, searches, etc. Anyway you can promote your business without spamming your audience should be pursued and invested.
We have seen a rise in visual content, and a decrease in the reign of info-heavy, fact-heavy blog articles. Photo editing tools are easier to use, and people are slowly but surely noticing how much brand engagement they stand to receive if they can communicate with images rather than words (or both).
So try using more images and info graphics to help make it easier for your market to understand your message, at Bemunchie Online we’ll help with that!